Monday, May 7, 2007

KNOWLEDGE: Social media help



Probably one of the best linked documents that I have ever read is Shift Communication's PR 2.0 Essentials- A Necessary Living Document. I encourage those who are interested in social media, and even those that aren't, to take a few minutes out of their day to read through some social media concepts.

After reading almost the entire document, not only did I feel more "in-the-know" with the PR/news world, but I felt prepared to talk about these concepts in class, with friends and especially in interviews with possible employers. I've learned that it's CRUCIAL to know about social media concepts when doing interviews; not only can you offer a company experienced knowledge in an area they've never worked in before but they're keen to ask you more questions that you can answer! Hey you can't help but look good right? :-)

So I'm going to make sure that I spread the news about this Living Document and Shift Communication's Social Media Press Release Template. Study it, learn it, practice it. Information spreads fast thanks to technology, make sure that you know how to get your point across quickly before it's too late!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad to know that we helped! :)