Tuesday, May 22, 2007

INSPIRATION: Haagen-Daz



As soon as I read this article, I wanted to put my pen down, close my spiral and shut off my laptop and treat myself to a pint of ice cream...in bed... accompanied by my favorite shows recorded on TiVo, and pretty much forget about the rest of my to-do list sitting currently to my right. Oh to daydream!

Personally, I think that Haagen-Daz did a wonderful event that not only promoted their new product, but a musician, venue and an expensive mattresses company. The first two word that came to mind: how clever! I would love to demonstrate/promote a product like this in Portland. Companies try to hand out their products on the streets hoping that their sales will increase. I've noticed that those products either get consumed and thrown away, or left behind somewhere. Nowadays, in such a fast-paced world, to make people pay attention, you must get people to stand still for more than 10 seconds and consumers must feel that they are getting more than a "sample".
VS. They want to feel that they are getting a service, and a service for free is even better. I really liked their idea, I'm going to try to find out more about the outcome of the event. I'll keep you posted as to what I find...

No comments: